UFC President Dana White gathered the troops and headed north for yet another "big announcement(s)" as Zuffa continues on their path of worldwide domination.
There was much speculation in the lead up to today's press conference in Toronto; a new UFC corporate office in Canada, a Canada based The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season, etc.
In the end, the hiring of Tom Wright as new head of UFC Canada was the big story of the day, but the Zuffa brass also touched on a few other noteworthy items as well.
So, without further adieu, here are the highlights and actual announcements that were made during today's presser:
- UFC will indeed open new corporate offices in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Tom Wright, the former Commissioner of the Canadian Football League (CFL) and the former President of Adidas Canada was tapped as the lead man.
- Preliminary discussions with Ontario officials are underway and the UFC expects nationwide sanctioning in the very near future.
- Zuffa has a goal of holding three events in Canada annually.
- First priority is to have mixed martial arts sanctioned in all ten provinces in Canada, other priorities include opening UFC Gyms as well as pursuing further merchandising and licensing business opportunities.
- The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) reality show will eventually come to Canada.
So, there you have it. Thrilling, I know. What is the UFC's largest market for business, has now become home to a UFC corporate office.
Vive le Canada!