The show must go on!
King of the Cage (KOTC) went down last night (April 16) from the Cobo Arena in Detroit, Michigan. And much to the chagrin of Mark Burnett, who had very good intentions heading into his HDNet broadcast of "Bad Boys II," the fight card suffered a very UFC 108-ish fate by the time the cage door closed on the night's opening bout.
In fact, five of the six fighters featured in the event poster were eventually forced from the card due to injury or other circumstances, including top headliners Ray Mercer, Jeremy Horn and Jake Rosholt.
That pushed former UFC fighter and longtime mixed martial arts competitor Joe "El Dirte" Doerksen into the main event of the six-fight card, that despite its lean offerings, still delivered a handful of competitive bouts and two title changes.
Here are the KOTC: "Bad Boys II" quick results:
1. Brandon Hunt def. Brad Burrick via KO - 0:59 | R2 to become new KOTC middleweight champion.
2. Waylon Lowe def. Steve Berger via KO - 2:18 | R1.
3. Ben Lagman def. Angelo Popofski via TKO (punches) - 2:58 | R1.
4. Daron Cruickshank def. Jason Holmes via split decision.
5. Dom O'Grady def. David Shepherd via submission (armbar) - 4:18 | R2 to become new KOTC lightweight champion.
6. Joe Doerksen def. Chad Herrick via split decision.
For more on King of the Cage click here.