Coker announced on Hardocore Sports Radio's Fight Show that Overem will be defending the heavy weight title in May, to a opponent yet be decided. It will be interesting to see who is opponent will be with Fedor fighting Werdum. I would like to see Rogers get the chance personally.
- Erin Toughill will be the next opponent for Cris Cyborg, targeting a late summer title fight.
- The 145 pound women's tournament will have a Summertime launch.
- Nick Diaz will go up and down in weight, fight out of his weight class but also defend the welterweight title.
- Herschel Walker will want to fight again and Strikeforce will support him. The $600 purse took care of licensing fees, as he was not fighting for a purse and donated his purse to charity.
- Despite WEC and UFC pay per views, Strikeforce is still targeting April CBS show.
- Jake Shields offered fight contract but not yet signed.
- Mousasi vs King Mo: will happen but not yet confirmed.
Who should Overeem defend the belt against?
Brett Rogers (3 votes)
Andrei Arlovski (9 votes)
Fedor Emelianenko (52 votes)
Fabricio Werdum (0 votes)
Other (4 votes)
68 total votes