This special event featuring some of the MFC’s biggest names will be held from 2-3:30 p.m. at the Hayabusa Training Centre located at 125 Carleton Drive in St. Albert , Alberta.
This will be a great opportunity for everyone to get an up-close look at the final preparation of fighters who will be under the spotlight at MFC 24: Heat XC on Friday, February 26 at the River Cree Resort and Casino, as well as those getting ready for MFC 25: Vindication schedule live Friday May 7.2010 @ Edmonton Expo/Northlands, also live on HDNET TV.
"Few people really realize what it takes to be an elite mixed martial arts fighter," said MFC Owner/President Mark Pavelich. "The physical demands of this sport are so intense that it takes an opportunity like this Open Training Session to really appreciate what is expected of these athletes.
"Once the media, fans, and sponsors get the chance to see these athletes train, I guarantee they will have a whole new level of appreciation for them."
MFC/Heat XC fighters who will be taking part in the Open Training Session will include:
* Travis "The Gladiator" Galbraith, middleweight – facing the toughest test of his career as he goes up against feared English striker Tom "Kong" Watson, a training partner of Georges St. Pierre.
* Ryan "The Big Deal" Jimmo, light heavyweight – winner of 11 straight fights, preparing to square-off against the very formidable Wilson Gouveia in May.
* Nick "The Quiet Assassin" Penner, light heavyweight – first time at new weight class, winner of nine straight fights readying for showdown with Chris Price.
* Nick Hrynchyshyn, welterweight – fast-rising star and one of the most-popular young fighters in the organization.
* Jason Gorny and Garrett Nybakken – both up-and-coming fan favourites.
Just a few tickets remain for MFC 24: Heat XC. Remaining tickets can be purchased by calling the MFC Ticket Hotline at (780) 504-2024 or through Ticketmaster at (780) 451-8000, www.ticketmaster.ca, and Ticketmaster outlets.