FanPost

decline a fight, be banned from P4p rankings

I dont know about you guys but when a so called fighter declines a fight or refuses a fight for any reason other than medical, it makes me sick to my stomach.

when I learned that Vera had turned down a fight with machida about a year ago any remaining respect i may have had for him was gone instantly.  A guy who claimed he would hold both the hw and lhw belts simultaneously to turn down what at the time was a huge oppurtunity toward getting a possible shot at the lhw belt was hypocricy.

Now we here about aldo, who first expressed intrest in fighting at 155 and trying to win that belt, gets a fastrack oppurtunity to the lw belt with being offered a top contender in florian, and instead of jumping on and siezing this huge oppurtunity he declines the fight.

My personal feeling is if any fighter declines a fight he should be permenantley banned from p4p lists or discussion.

I would like to know if im in the minority in my thinking and where you guys stand on the topic.  Below is a brief coversation I had with a couple of other maniacs, which inspired me to creat this fan post.

any fighter who declines a fight is permenantly banned from P4P lists or even discusions

by dia mette on Oct 27, 2010 12:35 AM EDT reply actions

KenFlo is top 5. And Aldo fights in a lower weight class! Gtfo with this close-minded bs.

by Rivalution on Oct 27, 2010 12:37 AM EDT via mobile up reply actions

so your telling me that your ok with having a fighter in a p4p list if he refuses fights

give me a break, the guy passed up a huge oppurtunity to begin cementing his legacy, i’ll pass on wtching this guy fight

true fighters dont refuse fights EVER, see if a legend like lidell ever turned down a fight

by dia mette on Oct 27, 2010 12:47 AM EDT up reply actions

What if he doesn't care about cementing legacy?

Maybe he wants to test him self, but actually knows how to do it. I doubt gsp would turn down a top mw if it was his first time in the division. Would you take gsp off the p4p list in the same situation?

by Rivalution on Oct 27, 2010 1:38 AM EDT via mobile up reply actions

if GSP refused a fight (which has never happened and will probably never happen) your damn right i would take him off a P4p list

by dia mette on Oct 27, 2010 1:41 AM EDT up reply actions

if he doesnt care about cementing a legacy then hes in the wrong sport, go play soccor

by dia mette on Oct 27, 2010 1:45 AM EDT up reply actions

I can get behind that. Unless its a fight with an opponent where theres nothing to gain of course

by snipersniper on Oct 27, 2010 1:09 AM EDT up reply actions

you mean like when lidell got tired of waiting for tito to get the balls to face him and was scheduled to fight babalu in the meantime with eveything to lose

even if theres nothing to gain, a true fighter fights and smashes who ever they put in front of him, without ever refusing a fight, those are the kind of fighters that belong in p4p lists and become legends, not this guy

by dia mette on Oct 27, 2010 1:39 AM EDT up reply actions

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join MMAmania.com

You must be a member of MMAmania.com to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at MMAmania.com. You should read them.

Join MMAmania.com

You must be a member of MMAmania.com to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at MMAmania.com. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_5349_tracker