Kansas City, Kansas -- With less than one week to go until Friday's "HDNET FIGHTS PRESENTS M-1 GLOBAL BREAKTHROUGH" event live from the historic Memorial Hall in Kansas City, M-1 Global officials have released the final 12-bout card.
With six televised bouts scheduled to air during the HDNet telecast (10:00 p.m. ET, check local listings for channel availability) plus a special sparring exhibition between M-1 fighters Fedor Emelianenko and newly-crowned Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi, a five-bout undercard has been assembled for the local crowd planning to attend (doors open at 7:00 p.m. CT).
With its main card anchored by the United States debut of former NCAA champion "King" Mo Lawal and former NCAA All-American Mark "The Smashing Machine" Kerr, the undercard will be headlined by 8-1 Spanish heavyweight sensation Rogent Lloret taking on the latest addition to the M-1 Global roster, Russian heavyweight Alexey Oleinik.
Also featured on the undercard will be a dynamic lightweight matchup between Eric Marriott (13-1, fighting out of Lees Summit, Missouri) and Tim Bazer (9-6, fighting out of Omaha, Nebraska).
Training out of Team Grindhouse, rumors have been circulating that the gifted Marriott is currently being scouted by World Extreme Cagefighting and Strikeforce. As such, Marriott's fight vs. Bazer this Friday could be his last in the Kansas City region for quite some time.
Also scheduled for the undercard is an intriguing lightweight matchup between veteran Sean "P-Town" Wilson (18-9, fighting out of Omaha, Nebraska) and multi-time Army Combatives champion Josh Orocho (11-6, fighting out of Manhattan, Kansas).
Additionally, welterweight Rudy Bears (9-3, fighting out of Kansas City, Missouri) will look to test himself versus nine-year veteran Brendan Seguin (18-5, fighting out of Detroit, Michigan). Seguin, coming off a recent first round TKO victory over former UFC veteran Ryan Madigan, has his sights on ending Bears' five-fight win streak in front of Bears' friends and family.
Opening the card will be a special female attraction contested at 150 lbs. featuring the professional MMA debut of 2007 WKA Amateur Muay Thai Champion and multi-time Grappler's Quest winner Andria Caplan vs. rising Kansas City fight prospect Mollie Ahlers-Estes (1-0).
The complete finalized card is listed below:
12. Heavyweight (3x5): Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (4-0) vs. Mark "The Smashing Machine" Kerr (15-10)
11. Special Sparring Exhibition: "The Last Emperor" Fedor Emelianenko vs. "The Dreamcatcher" Gegard Mousasi
10. Middleweight (3x5): Lucio "The Spartan" Linhares (12-4) vs. Mikhail Zayats (8-3)
9. Heavyweight (3x5): Jessie Gibbs (8-2) vs. Rob Broughton (10-4-1)
8. Middleweight (3x5): Karl "Psycho" Amoussou (10-2-1) vs. "The Iron Bull" John Doyle (9-8)
7. Heavyweight (3x5): Lloyd "Kadillac" Marshbanks (17-8) vs. Michael Kita (5-3)
6. Lightweight (3x5): Daisuke Nakamura (19-10) vs. Ferrid "The Hurricane" Kheder (14-3)
5. Heavyweight (3x5): Rogent Lloret (7-1) vs. Alexey Oleinik (24-4)
4. Lightweight (3x5): Eric Marriott (13-1) vs. Tim Bazer (9-6)
3. Lightweight (3x5): Sean "P-Town" Wilson (18-9) vs. Josh Orocho (11-6)
2. Welterweight (3x5): Rudy Bears (9-3) vs. Brendan Seguin (18-15-1)
1. Female 150 lbs. (3x3): Andria Caplan (DEBUT) vs. Mollie Ahlers-Estes (1-0)
In addition to Lawal vs. Kerr, "HDNET FIGHTS PRESENTS M-1 GLOBAL BREAKTHROUGH" will also feature a special sparring exhibition between "The Last Emperor" Fedor Emelianenko and newly-crowned Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi.
Additionally, number one Sherdog.com European MMA prospect Karl "Psycho" Amoussou will fight on live TV in the U.S. for the first time as he looks to end the Cinderella comeback of John "The Iron Bull" Doyle.
HDNET's telecast will begin on Friday, Aug. 28 at 10:00 p.m. ET with the local undercard at the Historic Memorial Hall in Kansas City beginning at 7 p.m. CT. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com and all local Ticketmaster outlets.